Quick and easy food doesn’t mean you have to get takeaway. This super quick 5-minute recipe for Soba Noodles is not only delicious but is also packed full of nutrients to keep the whole family satisfied. Even though it has no animal protein, each serve provides a massive 12.3g of protein, meaning it’ll keep you and the family fuller for longer. You might even have most of the ingredients in your pantry. Using frozen vegetables is a great time-saving hack as you are able to cook them within minutes and also gain a good variety of vegetables.
But the star of the show here is the Soba noodles. Soba noodles are made from buckwheat flour which is a highly nutritious whole grain and may help improve heart health, promote weight loss and help manage certain chronic diseases such as diabetes. The best thing about these noodles is they only take 3-minutes to cook and add a nice nutty flavour to any meal. They are also packed full of fibre and provide this recipe with 8g of fibre per serve, meaning you will be well on track to your fibre goal for the day.
Mix up this recipe by adding any extra veggies you may have sitting in the crisper or by adding an additional protein source such as cooked tofu, chicken or a boiled egg.
Sesame Soba Noodles
Prep: Approx. 5 minutes
- ~200g soba noodles (2/3 packet)
- 500g packet frozen beans, peas & broccoli
- 1/3 cup reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add soba noodles and cook for ~3 minutes or until soft.
- Heat a large deep frypan over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp water and frozen vegetables and heat through.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, pepper and sugar.
- Once noodles are cooked add to pan with vegetables.
- Add sauce and combine.
- Once heated through serve up with sesame seeds on top and enjoy!
Sesame Soba Noodles Nutrition Stats
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|