Finding sweets and desserts that don’t break your energy budget can be difficult, but this chocolate bark is amazing!
It is a great alternative to off-the-shelf chocolate bars and you can flavour it anyway you want. You could do a cherry ripe version adding some cherries and coconut, a snickers version added some more nuts and sugar-free golden syrup, or just stick with the original chcolate bark recipe below. Give it a try and then post it on Instagram tagging @fuelyourlifeaus and we will reshare it!
- 200g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- ¼ cup roasted walnuts, chopped roughly
- 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Fill a small saucepan halfway with water and bring to the boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to medium.
- Place a medium bowl on top of the saucepan and break chocolate into bowl. (The bowl should be slightly larger than the saucepan, so it sits just on top and doesn’t touch the water.)
- Melt chocolate over the heat, stirring occasionally with a spatula. Once chocolate is melted, remove from heat.
- Line a medium baking tray and pour melted chocolate over. Use the spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the tray.
- Sprinkle walnuts, peanuts, goji berries and chia seeds on top.
- Place in the fridge to cook for 30 minutes.
- Once set, use a sharp knife to cut into pieces and enjoy!
This is just one recipe of the many great recipes we have here. Check out the blog for more, and other tips and tricks.
We also have our online nutrition programs which were developed on the back of the great success we have been having implementing these programs in the community. Check them out to see how you can optimise your physical and mental health.