Finding sweets and desserts that don’t break your energy budget can be difficult, but this chocolate bark is amazing!
It is a great alternative to off-the-shelf chocolate bars and you can flavour it any way you want. You could do a cherry ripe version adding some cherries and coconut, a snickers version adding some more nuts and sugar-free golden syrup, or just stick with the original chocolate bark recipe below. Give it a try and then post it on Instagram and tag us @fuelyourlifeaus and we will reshare it!
- 200g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- ¼ cup roasted walnuts, chopped roughly
- 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Fill a small saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to medium.
- Place a medium bowl on top of the saucepan and break the chocolate into a bowl. (The bowl should be slightly larger than the saucepan, so it sits just on top and doesn’t touch the water.)
- Melt chocolate over the heat, stirring occasionally with a spatula. Once the chocolate is melted, remove it from heat.
- Line a medium baking tray and pour melted chocolate over. Use the spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the tray.
- Sprinkle walnuts, peanuts, goji berries and chia seeds on top.
- Place in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
- Once set, use a sharp knife to cut into pieces and enjoy!
This is just one recipe of the many great recipes we have here. Check out the blog for more, and other tips and tricks.
We also have some amazing online nutrition programs which were developed by our Accredited Practicing Dietitians. Check them out to see how you can optimise your physical and mental health.