June is Bowel Cancer Awareness Month! Bowel Cancer claims the lives of over 100 Australian’s per week. One of the key modifiable factors, as stated by Bowel Cancer Australia, is the intake of dietary fibre and whole grains. Statistically speaking, including 3 serves of fibre-rich veggies and whole grains in your diet each day can help reduce your risk of developing Bowel Cancer by 17%. So, with that in mind, we’ve put together a fibre-rich and easy to throw together salad that includes a variety of fibrous sources. Each salad gives you a massive 6.4g of fibre, so this is a great one to include as make-ahead lunch or dinner.
Pasta Slaw Salad
Prep: Approx. 15 minutes
- ½ cup San Remo Pea Pasta
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 2 tbsp mint
- ½ cup snow peas, chopped in half
- ½ cup carrot, grated
- 30g walnuts
- Add pasta to a medium pot of boiling water.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for ~10 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile mix yoghurt and mint together in a small bowl.
- Assemble salad by mixing together cooked pasta, snow peas and carrot. Top with yoghurt and walnuts and enjoy!
Pasta Slaw Salad Nutrition Stats
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|