This twist on your classic french toast is a perfect recipe to surprise your mum this mother’s day! They are super quick and easy and can be adapted to include any fruit you have at home. Thanks to the addition of fruit, each kebab is a good source of vitamin C and selenium. These nutrients provide your body with numerous antioxidants which help prevent cell damage and ensure to maintain a healthy immune system. So, not only can you gift your mum with a delicious breakfast in bed, but you can also gift her with the tools to get through the flu season!
French Toast Kebabs
Prep: Approx. 20 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 2 white English muffins, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 banana, chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 8 green grapes
- ½ punnet strawberries, cut in half
- 1 ½ teaspoons margarine
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl.
- Add caster sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and milk, mix until combined.
- Add English muffin pieces to mixture and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Heat margarine in medium saucepan. Add English muffin pieces to pan and cook for 5-8 minutes or until brown.
- Add banana, muffin pieces, kiwi fruit and strawberries to kebab skewers in desired order.
- Top with low fat yoghurt and enjoy.
French Toast Kebabs Nutrition Stats
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|