Want a fun and easy way to up your water intake for the summer months?! You’re in luck because our dietitians have put together their summer-themed watermelon salad! Watermelon is a low-GI fruit, despite the common misconception that they are not suitable for those with Diabetes. The juiciness of the watermelon is sure to keep you hydrated throughout the summer, and also keeping your Vitamin C levels up!
Who wants to try it?!
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g Halloumi, chopped into long rectangles
- 3 medium wholegrain wraps
- ½ medium watermelon, cut into medium-sized triangles
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves only
- 1 small Red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Heat oil in a medium fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Add halloumi and cook for ~3 minutes or until brown and then flip to brown the other side.
- Add wrap triangles to pan and also cook until brown.
- While cooking add watermelon to a large salad bowl and toss through mint and red onion.
- To prepare dressing add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and mix well until combined.
- Add cooked halloumi and wraps to watermelon and top with dressing and enjoy!
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|