In 2021, TikTok seems to be the new place to find the latest recipe trends. One trending recipe that has caught our attention is baked oats. By baking the oats, you create more of a cake-like mixture, making them fluffy and taste almost like a dessert, rather than your average cereal. A lot of the trending baked oat recipes are extremely high in refined sugar and saturated fat.
This dietitian-approved breakfast recipe has less than 10g of sugar per 100g and less than 3g of saturated fat, making it a healthy alternative. This recipe also provides you with a massive 11+ grams of fibre, ensuring that it’ll keep you full right up until lunch.
TIP: You can play around with the toppings to add different fruit! You might even swap out the yoghurt for a teaspoon of peanut butter
TikTok Inspired Baked Oats
Prep: Approx. 30 minutes
- 30g pecans, chopped roughly
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup mixed berries
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a small baking ramekin. Once the oven is preheated, add pecans to a lined baking tray and toast for ~4-5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix together oats, toasted pecans, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together honey, egg and vanilla extract.
- Reserve a few berries for topping and place the rest at the bottom of the greased ramekin.
- Cover the berries with the dry oat mixture and then pour over the wet ingredients. Ensure all the dry ingredients are covered.
- Bake the oats for ~25 minutes. Once cooked remove from oven and let cool for ~5 minutes.
- Top with extra berries and yoghurt and enjoy!
TikTok Inspired Baked Oats Nutrition Stats
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|