Looking for a lower-sugar snack for your day off tomorrow? You can’t go past these lower-sugar lamingtons! Not only are they a great source of Vitamin B12 (which is imperative for normal brain and nervous system function), but they are much lower in sugar than store-bought alternatives with only 6.3g per serve.
Better yet, the portion sizes are up to you – but if you follow our recommendations, they are smaller and freeze better than store-bought alternatives. This means, your New Years Resolutions can stay intact.
Lower Sugar Lamington
Prep: Approx. 45 minutes
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 100g 70% cocoa dark chocolate
- 100ml low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 20cm baking tin.
- In a large bowl add eggs, vanilla extract and rice malt syrup and beat with an electric mixer.
- Add oil and beat briefly until combined.
- Add in flour and baking powder and stir through with a wooden spoon.
- Pour mixture into greased baking tin and smooth over with back of spoon, sprinkle raspberries evenly over the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from the over and set aside to cool completely. Once cooled, slice the sponge into ~20 small squares.
- To make chocolate coating heat the milk in a saucepan until almost boiling. Turn off the heat and add the chocolate and allow to sit for ~2 minutes without stirring. Stir mixture until smooth.
- Dip each sponge square into the chocolate coating and then roll in coconut and place on a lined tray. Repeat steps for each square.
- Place lined tray of lamingtons in the fridge to set for ~2-5 minutes, then enjoy!
Lower Sugar Lamington Nutrition Stats
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|