Winter is coming… and so are the cravings for comfort food! With this recipe, you can tackle your sweet tooth craving while also consuming many vital vitamins and minerals. This recipe is super simple and can be modified to include other items you may have left in the kitchen, stopping you from heading out to get that extra dessert.
The apples can be substituted for other fruits such as frozen berries, pears or plums. Thanks to the inclusion of fruit, this recipe is a good source of vitamin C which is a vital antioxidant in maintaining a healthy immune system coming into flu season. And with each serve containing a massive 12.1g of fibre, it’s sure to leave you satisfied and full.
Easy As Apple Crumble
Prep: Approx. 30 minutes
- 2 medium apples, chopped into cubes
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 80g oats
- 1/3 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 30g walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place apple in a small ramekin and place in the microwave for ~5 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, melt margarine in a small bowl. Add oats, flour, syrup and cinnamon. Mix together well.
- Spread oat mixture on top of softened apples.
- Top with walnuts. Place in oven for ~12 minutes or until brown and enjoy with a side of yoghurt or by itself.
Easy As Apple Crumble Nutrition Stats
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|