Talk about nutty! Our superstar dietitian from Newcastle, Demi, has created yet another incredible recipe for you all! This time, she’s getting personal and showing off her very own, tried and tested muesli bars. As a dietitian always on the road, Demi says that they make a great on-the-go snack and they could even make for a healthier Christmas treat as well.
What’s so good about these bars? Well, just take a look! They’re almost entirely made from seeds, nuts and muesli, which we all know are great for another looking to boost antioxidant intake. Likewise, the inclusion of brazil nuts means that each bar largely contributes to your daily selenium intake.
Beyond that? They’re tasty as hell! So, let’s get into it.
Demi’s Museli Bars
Prep time: Approx. 25 minutes
- 4 tbsp unsaturated margarine
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 3 cups raw muesli
- 1 handful (~30g) pepitas
- 1 handful (~30g) sunflower seeds
- 2 handfuls (~60g) Brazil nuts, chopped roughly
- Preheat oven to 150°C and prepare Brazil nuts.
- In a large saucepan melt the margarine over medium heat.
- Once melted turn heat down to low and add rice malt syrup and stir to combine. Turn off the heat once combined.
- Add muesli, pepitas, sunflower seeds and Brazil nuts and stir until mixture is covered by margarine and syrup.
Demi’s Museli Bars Nutrition Stats
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|