Looking for a quick and easy meal now that kids are back to school and you’re short for time? This pesto pasta meal takes only 15 minutes to cook, tastes delicious and can be altered to include any leftovers you have in the fridge or pantry. You may swap the salmon for pre-cooked chicken, fish or extra veggies.
The addition of soba noodles are a great way to add in extra nutrients and only take ~3minutes to cook.
Soba noodles are made from buckwheat flour and are a great source of soluble fibre. Buckwheat is a whole grain packed full of nutrients including fibre, protein, potassium, magnesium and B vitamins: thiamine, riboflavin and niacin.
All in all? This recipe is high in fibre thanks to the use of soba noodles, a good source of fibre at 23g per serve and is low in saturated fat (<3g per serve per 100g).
15-Minute Pesto Pasta
Prep: Approx. 15 minutes
- 180g raw soba noodles
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500g mushroom cups, chopped roughly
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 200g smoked salmon
- 200g frozen peas, thawed
- Add noodles and water to a medium pot and heat over high heat. Bring water to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook noodles until soft for ~3minutes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add Mushroom and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salmon and peas and cook until heated through (~5 minutes).
- Add Pesto and stir through.
- Top cooked noodles with a portion of pesto veggies and enjoy!
15-Minute Pesto Pasta Nutrition Stats
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|