Looking for a low energy alternative to your classic fried rice? Try swapping it for cauliflower fried rice! It’s super easy, mimics the taste of rice AND contains half the kilojoules. This recipe is also great to make in bulk and then use for lunches throughout the week. You can keep it vegetarian or add your favourite chicken, pork or ham to add some extra protein! Versatility for days!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 medium brown onion chopped finely (may use a food processor)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium cauliflower head, chopped finely into rice size
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 420g can sweetcorn, drained
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely
- 1 cup reduced-fat soy sauce
- 1 medium bok choy, chopped roughly
- Add brown onion, garlic and sesame oil to a medium frying pan
- Cook for 5-7minutes or until fragrant
- Move mixture to the side and add eggs and scramble until cooked through.
- Add cauliflower, pea, sweetcorn and onion and cook for 6-8min or until heated through.
- Add soy sauce to pan and mix through
- Add bok choy and cover with lid to steam through. Serve warm or chill for another day.