We all love watching the Aussie cricket team flog the Poms, so here is a way to make your weekend all the better! Instead of going for your boring old BBQ or chips, make a share platter to keep everyone happy with our new Nachos recipe!
Nachos hosts several great ingredients, such as black beans for bowel health and mince to keep your muscles strong. Here is how you can make it:
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 500g beef mince
- Smoked paprika 1 tbsp
- Cumin 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Nutmeg 1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper 1 tsp
- Black beans
- Red onion
- Grated cheese
- Corn kernels
- Lime juice
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Dice onion and garlic, fry onto hot pan with olive oil until browned
- Add mince to pan and brown
- Add spices and mix well
- Add black beans
- Put tortilla chips in pan, layer beef mix on top
- Dice red onion and tomato, add corn then add to nachos pan
- Add sprinkle of cheese and cook in 180 degree Celsius oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is beginning to go brown
- Peel avocado, dice half a red onion and mix together well. Add lime juice.
- Layer guacamole onto nachos mix when it is finished cooking.
- Layer sour cream on top of nachos mix, top with diced chives.
For more health-conscious meals such as our Nachos recipe, or to chat to one of our dietitians, please don’t hesitate to get in contact!